Loss

We live in a world where we are surrounded by loss. Whether it is our own loss, family and friends who sadly can no longer be with us or people who we look up to, actors; singers; writers who inspire us and are imprinted within our memories. Recently we have lost some of the most brilliant and talented people and I feel obliged to write something about these people.

Last year we lost Kyle Jean-Baptiste, a broadway actor at the age of 21. Kyle broke broadway history as the first black Valjean in Les Miserables after filling in for Ramin Karimloo who was on vacation. He was only just getting started in his career and the loss of his life is extremely sad.

This year we have lost three of the most loved celebrities. Lemmy, front man of motorhead and an extremely loved person in the Rock community, David Bowie, a revolutionary and talented musician and actor. And today we lost Actor Alan Rickman, a fine British actor who shaped characters such as Professor Snape in the Harry Potter franchise. I am personally very sad about these losses being someone who is involved in the arts community, these are some of the people who I look up to and aspire to be like, in my own way.

Loss makes you realise that you should take each day and appreciate everything that you are given and the opportunities you get. One day, we will no longer be walking upon this earth with memories. And until that day I will try and be grateful for what is given to me, whether it is a literal object or the opportunities or memories or trust that people bestow upon me. I hope that you might consider it too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My experience with exams

Shane Dawson x Jeffree Star: Conspiracy

2019: A Year in Review