Expectations

Expectations. Something that we all have or have set against us. I'm at the point in my life where my expectations are incredibly important. Expectations of what I need to achieve to get to college, what I expect from the colleges that I am looking at and the expectations of the people around me.

Whilst I feel like I am able to cope with the pressures and expectations of the people around me, I struggle with not living up to my own expectations. We expect so much of ourselves that when we fail we are impacted more by what we think rather than what the people around us expect. I suppose that we have grown accustomed to pressure and just feel bad when we don't live up to our own expectations.

I believe that we have our own expectations, for our own personal reasons. But I also believe that we should lessen the extent of the pressure we force ourselves and the people around us under. Expectations are there for a reason however I personally believe that I should think about the realistic nature of the goals I have set for myself and rethink any that I now think to be too challenging. I'm not saying give up on your expectation or goal but think about whether what you are trying to accomplish right now is viable. Not trying to run before you can walk.

What do you think? Are the expectations we set sensible and its a lack of being able to cope? Or do you think because of human nature what we expect is to much?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My experience with exams

Shane Dawson x Jeffree Star: Conspiracy

2019: A Year in Review